Are you looking for a few more miles or just some plain fun before the Santa Fe Century? We here at Sirius Cycles are inviting you to join us for our ‘6:20 to Santa Fe Ride’ from Santa Fe to Albuquerque and then returning by the NM Rail Runner to Santa Fe on Sunday, May 6th, 2018. This will be our 5th annual ride and it is always motivating for the riders.
Our pace is rather casual as we travel between 12-15mph (19-24kph) and there are quite a few rest stops to stay properly hydrated and fed. The ride will leave from Sirius Cycles at 9am and take NM 14 through Madrid and down to Albuquerque. Once we are on the outskirts of Albuquerque we decide on where we would like to grab some food and beverages. We ask that you bring enough cash to get food and drinks as well the train fare back to Santa Fe. If you feel that the ride may be a little challenging, it would be wise that you schedule a pick up somewhere along the route.
Come with us on Santa Fe’s 33rd Annual Century Ride!
Registration Opens January 1, 2018
Enlarge Route Map
New for 2018
• Santa Fe Rail / Spur Trail all dirt route!!!
• New larger venue at the Santa Fe Community College – ample parking for all! Cowgirl BBQ and Canteen Brewing will be providing food and drink in our beer garden.
• Route change for 100 mile rides (see map) is an out and back over Heartbreak Hill, completing with the 50 mile Galisteo Loop
• Vintage bike celebration will return for 2018.
Come ride with us and enjoy:
• Great camaraderie
• Great food stops
• Great support from over 130 volunteers, all working to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable ride
• Great scenery
• Great challenges for all abilities
Bicycle New Mexico
Miles of history pass under your wheels as you bicycle down the ancient Turquoise Trail through the old mining towns of Madrid and Golden, across the mineral rich Ortiz and San Pedro Mountains, onwards through the Galisteo Basin to the old village of Galisteo, and back into scenic Santa Fe.
The Santa Fe Century is the first major cycling event in the spring in the Southwest. The weather in May is moderate and provides an opportunity to shed the winter gear for some wonderful springtime riding in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The mission of the Santa Fe Century is to get people interested in cycling and to have fun doing it! Our ride is primarily volunteer led and organized. We welcome riders of all ages and abilities.
More information at santafecentury.com